Keeping a commercial roof in top shape is no small task. Most commercial roofs take a lot of beatings and need to withstand harsh conditions and weather. If you manage or own a commercial building, you understand the value of high-quality materials that help protect that roof, extend its shelf life, and protect the building. It’s why spray foam roofing is gaining so much attention in the world of commercial roofs.
Let’s look at why this material is so beneficial.
Looking for quality material and installation for your roof? trust Roof Toppers to get the job done. Call today — 915-775-3539
The Most Common Commercial Roof Problems
Because of the unique needs of commercial roofs, they face their very own types of problems. Issues not properly or quickly addressed with appropriate maintenance and repairs could significantly affect the shelf life of the roof.
The most common issues related to commercial roofs include:
- Subpar installation or workmanship. Having a commercial roof installed by inexperienced contractors will likely have consequences down the line. Poor roofing installations will lead to leaks, roof aging, and other issues.
- Leaks and water issues. Diverting water is one of the most essential functions of good roofing. When it fails to do this, moisture can gather, water can pool, and it can lead to leaks.
- Ponding water. Because most commercial roofs are flat, avoiding ponding or standing water is essential.
- Roof cracking or shrinkage. The harmful UV rays will have a detrimental effect on the roof over time and slowly cause cracking or shrinkage.
- Erosion or material breakdown. While some wear and tear is normal as the roof ages, sometimes harsh conditions or low-quality materials can increase the rate of erosion.
What is Spray Foam Roofing?
With the host of problems that commercial roofs face, using quality and effective materials can save property owners a lot of headaches down the line. Spray foam roofing is a watertight roofing system composed of three layers: spray polyurethane foam, silicone coating, and granules.
When the two main chemicals (polyol and isocyanate) interact, it produces foam. The chemicals are mixed and pumped from the truck and are then sprayed directly onto the roof via a special heated hose.
What are the Advantages of Spray Foam Roofing?
Spray foam roofing has a host of advantages for commercial property owners. It can help extend the shelf life and performance of any roof. Here’s why many property owners choose to go this route:
#1 Ease of Installation
- Dealing with commercial roofs means there’s a lot of labor involved, so the more simplified the process the better. Spray foam roofing is easy to install and implement throughout difficult or hard-to-reach places. It is installed using a sprayer, it can manage and get to hard-to-reach places.
#2 Energy Efficiency
- When looking to install any addition in today’s climate, property owners and managers are constantly concerned about increasing their energy efficiency. Compared to alternative roofing materials, spray foam produces considerable energy savings.
Sometimes also known as “cool roofs,” spray foam insulation helps curb energy costs and reflect sunlight. Spray foam has a high R-Value, which is the metric through which the industry measures energy efficiency.
#3 Longevity and Durability
- Another great advantage of spray foam roofing is that it is long-lasting. The spray foam material will outlast other less-quality materials. Because of its high performance, it also requires less maintenance and upkeep, making it a smart choice for busy property owners.
There are also no seams in the material or installation, so there is no need to worry about ruptured seams that let in moisture or compromise the integrity of the coat.
#4 Installs on Top of Current Material
- Tearing out old roofing material is a laborious job. With spray foam, there is no need to remove the old roofing material in order to install this one. When installing spray foam, there is no need to tear out the old roof, which means no additional labor costs.
Ready for a Commercial Roofing Material That Lasts? Learn More About Spray Foam Roofing
Whether you have a large or small commercial building, the more you can minimize maintenance and save on energy bills, the better it is for your business or operation. Spray foam roofing is a great material to improve the performance of your commercial roof.
Do you want to find out more about spray foam roofing? Call Roof Toppers today — 915-775-3539